All components of Adobe Audience Manager are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), in the United States, EU, and Asia Pacific. Amazon EC2 is a web service that provides re-sizable compute capacity in the cloud, making web-scale computing easier. Amazon S3 is a highly redundant data storage infrastructure for storing and retrieving any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere.
Edge servers within the Adobe Audience Manager network are responsible for:
- Collecting new data and segmenting according to this new data as a result of real-time interaction with the digital properties (e.g. web sites, mobile apps, etc.) belonging to Audience Manager customers.
- Sending this new real-time information from all Edge regions to a central location for data consolidation and for reporting purposes
- Receiving updates from the central location as a result of the data centralization process
- Publishing aliasing information to make this data available to other Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions
- Publishing data (real-time and batch) to Audience Manager partners
- Core servers manage profile information and enable the platform to perform operations on those profiles to make real-time decisions.