Most of the Adobe Campaign Users (Companies) often need to send emails representing multiple brands from a single instance. This can be because of two reasons like
What is Multi-Brand Strategy? Well, this is a Marketing of two or more similar and competing products by the same firm under different and unrelated brands. While these brands eat into each other’s’ sales, multi-brand strategy does have some advantages like
- Obtaining greater shelf space and leaving little for competitors’ products.
- Saturating a market by filling all price and quality gaps.
- Catering to brand-switchers users who like to experiment with different brands.
- Keeping the firm’s managers on their toes by generating internal competition.
What is Multi-Product Branding Strategy? Well, Multi-product branding involves releasing multiple products with the same brand name – for example, Adobe. Adobe’s Creative Cloud or Marketing Cloud as an example. Each of the applications/tools in the suite has a different use. However, each product has a reliance or connection with the other. They are completely complementary.
Adobe already has an incredible reputation, and they leverage it well. If they were to launch a new product tomorrow users would be confident that a) it would work and b) it would integrate with the other Adobe programs they already use. Multi-Product Branding Strategy does have some advantages like
- Capitalize on Parent Brand Trust and Customer Network.
- Easy adoption of the new product by your already loyal customer base.
- Facilitates the acceptance of new products by the retailer that is already stocking your other product(s).
Now we have established the importance of the strategies so I would like to explain how we can configure multi-branding/ Multi-Product Branding in Adobe Campaign.
Prerequisite Requirements from the Business side:
Subdomains: Make sure your subdomains are correctly delegated to your email hosting provider. By using a branded subdomain, the recipient knows the email is from your company or brand. Setup of branded subdomains can be accomplished through proper configuration of the DNS records.
Mailboxes. Select a “From” email address which refers to a mailbox hosted on your subdomain. Monitoring the “From” and “Reply-to” mailboxes is a best practice and offers good consumer experience with your brand if replies are addressed.
Images. Reference images in your HTML content which have been published on the branded subdomain. Adobe Campaign delivery templates can be configured to publish local images to the branded subdomain and update the content references automatically.
Links. Use branded URLs in your content when referencing the tracking server (for opens and clicks), the mirror page, and the unsubscription page. Adobe Campaign delivery templates can be configured to use branded URLs.
Templates. Use templates to simplify and standardize your email communications. Common elements of deliveries – including all the points above — can be stored in a template and re-used for future deliveries. This is very useful when you want all emails to be built the same way and have the same look and feel, with the only difference being the content.
Technical Configuring multi-branding in Adobe campaign Classic (v6 and v7)
Adobe Campaign execution instance changes:
- Create one external account per brand, If you want to know how to build external account read this.
- Extend the NMS:extAccount schema to add the tracking URL:
<attribute advanced="true" desc="URL of the tracking servers" label="Tracking server URL" length="100" name="trackingURL" type="string"/>
To know how to Extend schema, read Extending a schema.
- Modify the NMS:extAccount form:
<container label="Message domain branding" type="frame">
<static type="help"> These parameters are used to override the DNS alias and addresses used during message delivery. When not populated, the values of the 'NmsServer_MirrorPageUrl' and 'NmsEmail_DefaultErrorAddr' options are used.</static>
<input img="nms:sendemail.png" menuId="deliveryMenuBuilder" type="scriptEdit">
- Change the NmsTracking_OpenFormula and NmsTracking_ClickFormula options to use the external account instead of a global option.
To do this, replace:
<%@ include option='NmsTracking_ServerUrl' %>
<%@ value object="provider" xpath="@trackingURL" %>
These changes could lead to conflicts when upgrading. You may need to merge these formulas with their new version manually.
Adobe Campaign control instance changes:
- Create one external account per brand with the same internal name as in step 1.
- Create one default delivery template per brand.
- In the delivery template’s Properties, set the routing to the external account of the brand.
Read this link to configure multi-branding in Adobe campaign Standard: