If you are using Adobe marketing cloud or Adobe analytics and you have not configured Adobe Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service in your projects and if you have seen the below?
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are currently setting a static value within your current deployment of the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service. This is not recommended and will not be supported going forward. We strongly advise that you set this value through a DTM data element before September 22 so that you don’t have any issues after the migration.
Process for implementing the change:
- Request from Adobe that they enable your account for the Marketing Cloud, and send you your new “Org ID.” This uniquely identifies your company and ensures your visitors get identified correctly. This will be a lengthy, unfriendly, alphanumeric code assigned to your organization that ends in @AdobeOrg. There is generally a 24-hour turnaround on this.
- Ensure your s_code is up to date: AppMeasurement version 1.3 or later, s_code H.27 or later.
- If you’re using (or want to use) first-party cookies via a CNAME, make sure your DNS records point to Adobe’s latest regional data center (RDC) collection servers. In essence, this means your image requests are sent to .sc.omtrdc.net instead of .2o7.net
- You’re using tag management so You can update your sites at the same time.
- Log into your Analytics Admin Console and get the VisitorAPI.js file from the Code Manager. This code can live in your s_code file or in your Analytics s_code tool in DTM, but it must be placed at the beginning of the file.
- Configure your Visitor ID service:
- And then test again. And just to be safe, test one more time – just to make sure the data being sent back to Adobe looks like you expect it to.
Benefit: You can use this id for Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Target to segment the data based on the data collected at all sources.
Note: This will need extra configurations if in future you decided to track analytics for any mobile app.
Configuring the Service in DTM:
The first step to configuring the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service is to add the service as a tool inside of your Dynamic Tag Manager web property. If you have multiple web properties they will each need to contain this new tool.
- Click Add a Tool from your DTM web property
- Choose Marketing Cloud ID Service from the drop down, enter the Marketing Cloud Organization ID and the tracking server that you obtained from Adobe Support, and choose “Create Tool”.
- Complete the appropriate form fields for your organization inside the Marketing Cloud ID Service tool settings and save your changes.
- Test your visitor ID service implementation by using a Web debugging tool such as omnibug in your browser to confirm there is a request going. On the first page of your session and that your analytics requests contain an mid parameter.